Did you get a dent in your car? You’re not alone. Even the most careful drivers can end up with a dent or two. Dents are usually caused by hail, falling branches, or even other cars. They’re unsightly and can affect the resale value of your vehicle.
So what do you do? Avoid doing it yourself; you’ll likely make the dent worse. Consider dent removal services. Dent removal services are offered by many professional mechanics and can save you time and money. All you have to do is bring your car to the mechanic and they will take care of the rest. The process is quick and easy, and you’ll be back on the road in no time.
Professional mechanics use a variety of tools and techniques to repair car dents. Here are some of the steps professional mechanics use to repair car dents:
- First, the mechanic will assess the damage and decide which tool or technique will be best for repairing the dent. If the dent is small and shallow, a plunger can be used to push it out from the inside. If the dent is bigger and deeper, a vacuum cleaner can be used to suck it out. If the dent is very deep or if the metal is warped, a hair dryer can be used to heat up the metal and make the dent pop out.
- Then, the mechanic will prepare the area by cleaning it with soap and water. This helps to remove any dirt or grime that could prevent the tools from working properly.
- Once the area is clean, the mechanic will start to repair the dent. If they are using a plunger, they will place it over the center of the dent and push down firmly. They will continue pushing and twisting until the dent pops out. If they are using a vacuum cleaner, they will place the straw over the dent and turn on the vacuum. They will hold it in place until the dent pops out. If they are using a hair dryer, they will aim it at the dent and hold it there until the metal starts to warp. Once the metal is warped, the dent should pop out.
- After the dent has been removed, the mechanic will inspect the area to make sure that all of the damage has been repaired. If there are any remaining holes or cracks, they will use a filler to fill them in.
- Then, the mechanic will sand the area to smooth it out. This helps to prevent rusting and makes the area look new again.
- After the area has been sanded, the mechanic will apply a primer. This helps to protect the metal and prevents rusting.
- To finish, the mechanic will paint the area. This makes the repair blend in with the rest of the car and gives it a new, fresh look.
And that’s it! Now you know how car dents are repaired. Don’t forget to get your car regularly serviced to prevent further damage.