Imagine having a lush, green lawn or beautiful flowers blooming in your garden without having to use any harmful chemicals. Using organic compost can help you achieve this goal and so much more. Here are some reasons why you should be using organic compost:
- It helps to improve soil structure: Compost can help to improve the structure of your soil, making it looser and more aerated. This is important for plant roots as they need oxygen to grow.
- It helps to retain water: Compost helps the soil to retain water better, meaning that your plants will be less likely to suffer from drought conditions. Also, during heavy rains, organic matter in the soil can help to absorb some of the excess water and prevent flooding.
- It suppresses weeds: Compost can help to suppress weed growth by creating a dense environment that weeds struggle to penetrate. Which means you’ll spend less time weeding your garden!
- It helps to reduce erosion: Because organic compost helps to improve soil structure, it also aids in reducing erosion. This is especially beneficial on slopes or areas that are prone to water runoff.
- It attracts earthworms: Earthworms are a gardener’s best friend! They help to aerate the soil and their castings are full of nutrients that plants love. By using organic compost, you can attract more earthworms to your garden.
- It improves drainage: If your soil is too dense, water can have a hard time penetrating it and this can lead to problems with drainage. Organic compost can help to improve drainage by loosening up the soil.
- It provides organic matter: As organic matter breaks down, it releases nutrients into the soil which are essential for plant growth. By using organic compost, you can increase the amount of organic matter in your soil.
- It suppresses diseases: Compost can help to suppress plant diseases by providing a competitive environment for disease-causing organisms. This is due to the beneficial microorganisms present in compost that help to fight off disease-causing organisms.
- It’s easy to make: You can easily make organic compost at home using kitchen scraps and other organic materials. You don’t need any special equipment or knowledge to make compost, just a little time and patience.
- It’s free or cheap: If you make your own organic compost, it’s essentially free. And even if you buy it, it’s relatively cheap compared to other gardening products.
So there you have it, these are just some of many reasons why you should be using organic compost in your garden. Not only is it good for the environment, but it’s also beneficial for your plants. So what are you waiting for? Get composting!
If you are looking for organic compost, Midwest Companies is a great option. They offer organic compost that is made from all-natural materials and is perfect for use in your garden. Contact them today at (847) 426-6354 to learn more!