Every business has an information technology (IT) component that needs to be managed in order to ensure optimal performance and security. For many businesses, managing IT internally can be costly and time-consuming. This is where managed IT services come in.
Managed IT services are provided by an external company that specializes in managing and supporting IT infrastructure. This allows businesses to focus on their core competencies while leaving the management of their IT needs to a team of experts.
There are many benefits of managed IT services over traditional break/fix IT support, including:
- Cost savings: Managed IT services are often more cost-effective than break/fix support because they are priced as a monthly subscription. This means that you know exactly how much you will be spending on information technology support each month, making budgeting simpler.
Break/fix support, on the other hand, is typically charged by the hour. This can be expensive, particularly if you have a complex IT infrastructure.
- Increased productivity: With managed IT services, you will have access to a team of experts who can resolve issues quickly and efficiently. This frees up your internal staff to focus on more productive tasks.
Break/fix support can be disruptive to your business as it can take time for problems to be fixed. This can lead to lost productivity as employees are unable to work until the issue is resolved.
- Improved uptime: Managed IT service providers will often offer SLAs (service-level agreements) that guarantee a certain level of uptime for your IT infrastructure. This can be important for businesses that rely heavily on their information technology systems to function properly.
Break/fix support does not typically offer SLAs, meaning that there is no guarantee of how long it will take for problems to be fixed. This can lead to significant downtime for your business.
- Access to latest technology: Managed IT service providers keep up with the latest technology trends and can advise you on which technologies would be most beneficial for your business. They can also provide you with access to the latest tools and applications.
Break/fix support companies typically do not stay abreast of the latest technology trends. This means that you could be missing out on important advances that could benefit your business.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that your IT infrastructure is being managed by a team of experts can give you peace of mind. You can be confident that your information technology needs are being taken care of and that any problems will be resolved quickly and efficiently.
With break/fix support, you may have to constantly worry about whether your IT systems are working properly. This can be stressful and distracting from more important tasks.
Overall, managed IT services offer a number of benefits over break/fix support. They are more cost-effective, increase productivity, improve uptime, and give you peace of mind. If you are looking for a reliable and efficient way to manage your information technology needs, managed IT services may be the right solution for your business.