Theresa May Takes Blame for Conservatives' Performance in Elections
Theresa May has apologised to Tory MPs for the party's election performance, telling them "I got us into this mess I'll get us out of it", the BBC reported.
Addressing a meeting of backbenchers, the PM reportedly said she would serve as "long as you want me to do".
One senior backbencher told the BBC that she had appeared "contrite and genuine but not on her knees".
It comes amid confusion over whether the Queen's Speech will be delayed as talks continue to form a government.
- Number of Britons Becoming German Citizens Rises 361%
- Shooting at Munich Subway Leaves Several Injured
- Strong Earthquake Strikes off Coast of Turkey
- Pound Stable as May Prepares Minority Government
- France Election: Macron Party Set for Big Parliamentary Win
- French Vote in First Round of Their General Elections