Turkish Minister Says ECHR Has No Jurisdiction over Referendum
Turkey’s Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag said on Thursday that the European Court of Human Rights had no jurisdiction to rule on the appeals over the referendum granting President Tayyip Erdogan new powers, Euronews reported.
The main opposition CHP party said on Wednesday it might take its appeal for the referendum to be annulled to Turkey’s Constitutional Court or the ECHR after the country’s electoral authority rejected challenges by the CHP and two other parties.
- Montenegro to Ratify Joining Nato as Russia Bans Wine Imports
- Albanian PM Announces New President Candidate
- Germany Approves Partial Burqa Ban
- Federica Mogherini Condemns Attacks on MPs in Parliament
- EU Commissioner Hahn Condemns Developments in Macedonia's Parliament
- North Korea: New Missile Defense System Ready in Days