Turkish Minister Says ECHR Has No Jurisdiction over Referendum
Turkey’s Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag said on Thursday that the European Court of Human Rights had no jurisdiction to rule on the appeals over the referendum granting President Tayyip Erdogan new powers, Euronews reported.
The main opposition CHP party said on Wednesday it might take its appeal for the referendum to be annulled to Turkey’s Constitutional Court or the ECHR after the country’s electoral authority rejected challenges by the CHP and two other parties.
- Number of Britons Becoming German Citizens Rises 361%
- Lengthy Coalition Talks Ahead for Kosovo, Could Delay Reforms
- Shooting at Munich Subway Leaves Several Injured
- Food Poisoning in Mosul Kills Hundreds
- Theresa May Takes Blame for Conservatives' Performance in Elections
- Strong Earthquake Strikes off Coast of Turkey