President Ivanov to Issue Government Mandate to VMRO-DPMNE's Gruevski
President Gjorge Ivanov will issue the government mandate to VMRO-DPMNE leader Nikola Gruevski at 1:00 PM, said his office on Monday.
The deadline for the president to present the government mandate to the party/parties winning most MP seats at the December 11 parliamentary elections expires on Monday.
The PM-designate has 20 days to submit the government program and its makeup within 20 days. The Government is then elected by Parliament majority.
The Parliament, which held its constitutive session on December 30, includes 51 MPs from the VMRO-DPMNE-led coalition, followed by the SDSM-led coalition with 49, DUI-10, Besa-5, Alliance of Albanians-3 and DPA-2.
- Civic Initiative for Joint Macedonia: Younger Generations Take to the Streets
- IPIS Poll: Majority of Citizens Believe Elections Did not Solve Political Crisis
- Agreement Reached over Committee on Election and Appointment Issues
- VMRO-DPMNE: Zaev Must Not Trade National Interests
- Coordination Meeting on Committee on Election and Appointment Issues Resumes
- Civic Initiative for Joint Macedonia: Protesters on Streets Again, Say They Won't Give up