Zaev Conducted Espionage in Cooperation with Foreign Intelligence Agencies
According to the information, the leader of SDSM Zoran Zaev along with the former chief of the Directorate for Security of Classified Information Zoran Verusevski and his wife, have been involved in espionage, Kurir.mk reads.
During the search of Verusevski's house, huge number of classified information have been found. Part of the files are highly classified thus, their acquisition represents violation of the constitution.
The documents have been provided in cooperation with foreign intelligence agencies. Zaev's intention was to overthrow the existing government and take over power in an illegal way i.e. out of the democratic procedures.
The main communication between Zaev and Verusevski unfolded via Zaev's closest associate Branko Palifrov, who is also one of the suspects, Kurir.mk reports.
At the same time, Palifrov provided accommodation for Verusevski's wife. Various classified data have been found in her possession as well.
The Ministry of Interior have pressed charges for espionage and cooperation with foreign intelligence agencies.
- Man from Skopje Charged with Selling Forged Documents
- Public Prosecution: Crowd that Stormed Parliament Was in Contact with People from Inside
- Open Hearing at Supreme Court on 2012 Good Friday Killings
- Man Charged with Planting Improvised Explosive Device in Parliament
- Man Charged with Attacking SDSM Leader in Parliament
- Parliament Incident Trial Postponed to May 23