What parameters does it take for a platform to turn into a truly demanded solution? Many app owners ask that question, and this time you’ll get your answer. Let us reveal certain secrets of sought after applications right this minute. Interested?
# Excellent UI for an excellent service
Every app owner wishes his/her solution to be truly successful. To realize such dreams it would be reasonable if starting by designing the interface. You as an owner shall apply enough pressure to make a really worthy service to compete for the market in all aspects, the design one included.
We’d like to remind you of specific reasons for such UI importance:
- How we experience the world. The fact of perceiving the reality with the help of our eyes takes the significance of an app designing to a higher level.
- Being an official face of your business. The interface is one of the company identity’s elements, thus, it shall correspond to a specific company’s brand strategy.
- Having a simple and clear mode of application. A professionally built interface is easy to be managed for the audience to perform tasks they need.
With regard to the last point, we’d like to indicate apps’ fundamental usability parameters. Thus, let’s list what a powerful design represents:
- Clearness. Users apply m-services for specific purposes, hence, every application shall serve for people to handle their issues nice and easy. No matter what those tasks are – online purchasing, booking, or something else – they have to be resolved fast. Nothing could be worse than an interface that confuses customers pushing them to get lost.
- Expressivity. If you strive to create a successful app, make the solution good-looking. Beauty builds more appealing services.
- Timeliness. The interface can not be obsolete. By following the latest web & mobile tendencies you’ll come up with a truly advanced and modern-day solution.
# Great functioning
Excellent design is essential, however, users won’t appreciate it if a service works slow. Thus, the challenge is to provide both, intuitive interfaces together with great efficiency.
Great performance means a platform:
- easily adjusts to probable heavy loadings;
- loads pages promptly;
- operates consistently and is free of crashes.
# Customers’ necessities are in the first place
Any service is designed to help users perform required actions short and sweet, thus, the key objective is to make a platform-oriented towards your target market – the people and their challenges. Caring for your clients must be your top priority.
What shall be born in mind?
- Initial studies
At the outset of any project before moving towards an app creation, you better conduct a detailed investigation of who your target demographics are and what those people prefer. Info obtained shall guide you on what features shall be critical for users to enjoy the program. You’ll figure out what clients’ problems your solution will manage to solve.
- Constant support & maintenance once launched
When a platform is designed and launched on App Store & Google Play, it’s the right time to get down to its maintenance. There are various activities included in that process, so customers’ support is one of them. Your people need to keep communicating with you. They might have some questions for you to answer. Your clients can have specific requests for you to respond. Those are a few examples for you to see the overall picture.
# Well-thought-out monetizing
Program owners build their brainchildren for generating profits. Is your solution more like an online representative of your corporation to strengthen your good reputation? No worries, it can bring profit anyway. In-demand platforms do make lots of money for their owners.
Dealing with monetization models your key objective is NOT to irritate your audience. Superfluous ads, excessive in-application purchasing offers, subscribing suggestions… all together they will simply make even the most indulgent people lose their temper.
Let’s speak a little bit about every monetization approach.
The latest stats say people don’t feel like wasting money on a subscription or paying for in-app shopping. When spending over $50 while applying m-services, users generate 16% less money nowadays. Consequently, app owners prompt a change of strategy to monetize via advertising. Around 60% of service holders are planning those transformations, meaning, the rest 40% will still apply other monetizing models.
To ensure higher efficiency of your in-application advertising (if you decide to go for it, of course), the below-mentioned issues shall better be considered:
- A fresh focus on ads. It used to place emphasis on showmanship, gloss, and luster that demanded significant investment. Today it’s more about eye-catchy pictures and one-of-a-kind stories that are much more affordable.
- So-called “FAIL” effect. Mini-games are widely used to monetize services. The game MUST be designed making the audience lose, thus, motivating people to play again to win and to upload an app in question. This is what a FAIL phenomenon means.
- Quit CPI and go for CPM. The studies show that in the future we’ll anticipate that the cost-per-click of ads will expand. Would you like to enjoy all the advantages such growth will bring? Then you shall conduct a transition from the Cost Per Install approach to applying the CPM strategy, which means Cost Per Mile.
Do you remember that 40 % of applications that don’t apply to advertise preferring other strategies? It’s time to speak of what models service owners use to make profits on their programs.
In-app purchasing can not be discounted. The most important here is not to cut too deep pushing users too hard.
Owners of entertainment platforms will be excited to find out that in-application purchases fit perfectly well as a monetizing strategy for their creations. The cold figure states that the major portion of users’ in-application spendings drops to games making it up to 70%. Gamers love e-shopping for artifacts and paying to take the fun to the next level.
Here’s one more monetizing model you could enjoy. It’s about the subscription. As we said earlier, it can barely be called the most popular monetizing method, nevertheless, it’s still appropriate and relevant.
Today’s people are pretty reluctant to pay, thus, it makes completely no sense to develop entirely paid platforms. The ideal solution would be to take advantage of the Freemium strategy – the basic features are free and accessible for all customers, while special and privileged functionalities will demand additional fees.
The approach makes everyone happy: people who aren’t ready to pay can enjoy fundamental free functions, and users who need more powerful possibilities will pay to get what they want.
# The importance of systematic upgrades
Wondering what parameters can make a service be in-demand for many many years? There are no such magical features, however, there exist other tricks.
The reality is that it’s a matter of time before anything turns obsolete, losing its topicality. The only way to keep pace with the times is to make periodical improvements to your program. During that process, you’re studying current tendencies and the latest innovations to update your solution accordingly.
Releasing new service upgrades shall become a regular event to please the audience and to stay demanded.
What do the upgrading procedures involve?
- pay enough attention to identify service crashes to get them fixed as soon as possible;
- learn more on users’ needs (check their feedback, comments, reviews) to grant them features they desire;
- remember to keep up with the latest m-trends.
Well, now you know what exactly characteristics you better stuff your service with to ensure its success.