Macedonian Parliament set to Continue Constitutive Session
The Macedonian Parliament is set to continue its constitutive session on Friday and to discuss setting up the Committee on Elections and Appointment Issues. Discussions resumed on Thursday along similar lines, with the debate focused on the Tirana platform and with a filibuster on moving forward with the constitutive session.
The Commission on Election and Appointments should be made up of 13 members with VMRO-DPMNE being represented by six MPs, SDSM by five MPs and DUI and Besa by one legislator each.
Kicked off on December 30, 2016, the Parliament's constitutive session, was interrupted after no parliamentary majority had been secured to elect a Speaker of the Macedonian Assembly.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Condemns Parliament Incidents
- Parliament Closed while Teams Asses Damage
- Gruevski Strongly Condemns Violent Incident, Calls for Immediate Dialogue
- Interior Minister Agim Nuhiu Steps down amid Parliament Riot
- Public Prosecutor's Office to Prosecute Participants in Parliament Incident
- SDSM Calls for Restraint, Lowering of Tensions