Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- UN Refugee Agency: Over 800 Migrants Now Feared Dead in Mediterranean Shipwrecks
- Turkey Says Russian Air Strikes Killed Over 60 Civilians in Syria's Idlib
- Former Ukrainian Pilot Nadiya Savchenko Hailed in Parliament
- Taliban Killed 16 Bus Passengers, Kidnapped Dozens in Northern Afghanistan, Officials Say
- New Migrant Settlements to Be Built in Greece
- North Korean Missile Test Launch off East Coast 'Fails'