Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Over 57,000 Migrants and Refugees Remain Stranded in Greece
- Plane Carrying Albanian PM Rama Lands at Time of Attack on Istanbul's Airport
- Australia: Perth Mosque Firebombed, Sprayed with Anti-Islam Graffiti
- US Official Urges Anti-IS Fight to End within 14 Months
- Greece: Migrants, Refugees Currently in Piraeus and Elliniko to Be Evacuated by July 20
- Anti Brexit Voters Protests against Referendum Result