Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- At least 11 Injured in Nightclub Shooting in Southeast Greece
- Iraq's Army Battles Islamic State in Ramadi
- North Korean Student 'Kidnapped' In Paris
- Turkey to Build Mosques in 80 Universities
- Ukraine Crisis: Lavrov Warns over Russia 'Regime Change' Goal
- Portugal's Former PM José Socrates Held in Corruption Probe