Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Turkish PM Happy to Return American-Jewish Peace Award
- Girl Hit by Plane on Florida Beach Dies of Injuries
- Israel Intensifies Gaza Attacks after Netanyahu Warning
- Serbia Receives EUR 106 Million in Donations
- Serbian War Criminal Arrested in Greece
- Germany’s Bild am Sonntag Tabloid Condemned for Criticism over Local Muslims