Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Turkey Foreign Minister: German Incirlik Visit Depends on Position on 'Genocide' Vote
- NATO: Russia Holds Military Drills without Notice
- Interior Minister Says Burkini Ban would Be Unconstitutional
- Third Straw Poll for UN Secretary General Due on Monday
- US Election: Donald Trump to Give Immigration Speech amid Major Questions
- Dilma Rouseff Tells Senate Her Impeachment is Coup