Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Number of Britons Becoming German Citizens Rises 361%
- Lengthy Coalition Talks Ahead for Kosovo, Could Delay Reforms
- Shooting at Munich Subway Leaves Several Injured
- Food Poisoning in Mosul Kills Hundreds
- Theresa May Takes Blame for Conservatives' Performance in Elections
- Strong Earthquake Strikes off Coast of Turkey