Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- European Commission Welcomes Prospect of NATO Involvement in Protection of Greek-Turkish Border
- Regional Aviation Authority for Rescue Operations to Be Established in Serbia
- Former Head of Republika Sprska Armed Forces Dies in The Hague
- Bulgarian Politician Kristalina Georgieva Will Not Run for UN Secretary General
- Paper: Turkey to Expand Anti-PKK Operations
- Hong Kong: At Least 44 Injured After Police Clashes Erupt With Illegal Street Food Vendors