Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- System Developed by Romanians Secures Customs Around the World, Except at Home
- European Parliament Votes on New European Commission
- Ukraine Winter Gas Package almost Settled, Cash still an Issue
- UN Chief Ban Ki-moon to Set up Gaza Conflict Inquiry
- Total Boss Plane Crash Caused by “Criminal Negligence”
- US Welcomes Joint Statement by Vucic And Rama