Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- British Prime Minister: Police Need Power to Seize Passports of Jihad Suspects
- Bosnia Police Detain 13 Serb Ex-soldiers and Policemen Suspected of War Crimes
- Turkey’s New Govt Program Signals Shift under Davutoglu
- Police Forces Swarm into Cardiff City Centre ahead of NATO Summit
- Kiev Warns of 'Great War' with Russia as its Forces Retreat
- U.N. to Investigate Human Rights Abuses allegedly Committed by ISIS