Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- EC President: Europe Needs Better Relations with Russia
- Islamic State Fighters Advance in Aleppo
- Baby Dies after Migrant Boat Breaks Down off Greek Island
- Bosnia and Herzegovina to Apply for EU Membership in 2016
- Surveilance Footage of France Train Hero Spencer Stone Stabbing Released
- EU Balkan Refugee Conference Attempts to End Divisions, Offer more Aid