Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Pope Wows Crowds During Ecuador Visit
- Hitchhiker Museum: Free Ride and Lunch in Macedonia
- European Parliament Pays Homage to Srebrenica Victims
- US Intelligence Official 'Privately Floated' Potential Deal to Bring Snowden Home
- Obama on Islamic State: This is a Long-term Campaign
- Hungary Approves ‘Anti-migrant’ Border Fence