Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Montenegro to Ratify Joining Nato as Russia Bans Wine Imports
- Albanian PM Announces New President Candidate
- Germany Approves Partial Burqa Ban
- Federica Mogherini Condemns Attacks on MPs in Parliament
- EU Commissioner Hahn Condemns Developments in Macedonia's Parliament
- North Korea: New Missile Defense System Ready in Days