Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Hungarian PM Orban Scraps Planned Internet Tax
- With Ebola Battle Brewing, Obama Heads to Maine
- Suspected Sniper Faces Death Sentence over US State Trooper Murder
- Spanish State Adviser Supports Veto of Catalonia Independence Vote
- Russia, Ukraine and EU Sign Gas Supply Deal
- Bulgargaz Cuts Gas Supplies to Bulgarian Heating Utilities by 50%