Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- TransAsia Airways Plane Crashes on Landing in Taiwan Killing Dozens
- Documentation of 14 Murdered Serbs 'Extensive'
- 'We Will React to NATO Build-up!' Key Putin Quotes from Defense Policy Address
- Nine Injured as Typhoon Matmo Batters Taiwan
- Two Ukrainian Military Jets Shot Down
- UN Human Rights Chief: Israel May be Committing War Crimes