Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Matic: Croatia Could Be Evicted from the EU Due to the War Veterans Protest
- Lebanese Soldiers, Militants Clash in Tripoli; 7 Injured
- Two Dead after US School Shooting
- Iran Hangs Reyhaneh Jabbari despite Campaign
- IS Fighter Aged 15 Was Given a Choice: Join the Militants or Be Beheaded
- Turkish Twitter Star Shot Dead in His Car