Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Venezuela's Maduro Denounces Congressional ‘Coup’
- Albanian Police Destroys 1.45 Tons of Marijuana
- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte Warns End to US Defense Pact During Japan Visit
- EU to Extend Border Controls in Schengen for Three Months
- Albania's Constitutional Court Suspends Law Key to EU Hopes
- Norway to Allow US Troops Stationed on its Territory, a Shift from Peacetime Policy