Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Mullah Omar's Successor Was Chosen by Taliban
- Crisis in Iraq: IMF Approves Emergency Financial Assistance
- India Executes Financier of Mumbai Bombings
- Turkey: Shooter Kills One, Injures Two Tourists in Hotel Resort
- Turkish Airlines Plane Makes Emergency Landing in Warsaw due to Suspicious Package
- Turkey "Freezes" Talks with Russia on Turkish Stream