Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- UN Chief Condemns EU Migrant Curbs
- EU: Top Austerity Inspectors Leave Greece, Work Continues
- SDSM: Criminal Charges against State Election Commission unless they Announce It Online
- Over 480 Charges for Sexual Abuse: Police Caught Prime Suspect of Riots in Cologne
- US Vice President Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Macedonian Cities Are Empty: Protesters, Patriots, Neutral Massively Go on Extended Weekend