Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Lithuania Breaks Gazprom’s Monopoly by Signing First LNG Deal
- Army Chief, General Prayuth Chan-ocha Named Thailand's New Prime Minister
- Gaza Crisis: Israel Kills Three Top Hamas Commanders
- US Reporter’s Executioner May be British
- Islamic State Threatens Second Journalist After “Beheading” of James Foley
- Ferguson Police “Detain, Beat, Threaten” Anadolu Agency Correspondent