Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- UN Tribunal Says Serb Suspect Seselj Has to Return to Court
- Airstrikes against Iranian-allied Rebels in Yemen Continue
- Tens of Thousands March against Austerity in Brussels
- France: Nicolas Sarkozy Might Return to Power after Center-right UMP Wins Local Elections
- Germanwings Crash Site: Forensic Scientist Find 78 Different DNA Strands So Far
- Iran Foreign Minister to Meet World Power for Nuclear Talks