Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Fifth Straw Poll in UN: Guterres Remains in the Lead for UN Secretary General
- Spanish Police Arrest Moroccans Accused of Supporting Islamic Fighting
- Poland: Thousands Protest against Government Policies
- French President UK Must 'Play its Part' in Calais Crisis
- UN Takes No Action on Syria After Arguments Erupt Over Aleppo, Western Ambassadors Walk Out
- Japan: Okinawa Island Hit by 5.7 Magnitude Quake