Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Bulgaria: At least 15 Feared Dead in Explosives Factory Blast
- Pro-democracy Protesters Target Office of Hong Kong's Chief Executive
- EU Commissioner: Nude Selfie Celebs Were 'Dumb'
- Japan Volcano: Death Toll Rises to 48 as Search Resumes
- Texas Ebola Victim May Have Infected Another Person
- Moscow Accuses Kiev’s National Guard, Right Sector in Donbas Mass Murders