Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Islamic State Instructs Followers to Kill Australians and other 'Disbelievers'
- Syria: At least 50 Killed in US Airstrikes on Islamic State
- Greek Prime Minister to Meet Chancellor Merkel in Berlin for Pivotal Talks
- Second Video of UK Hostage John Cantlie Released
- Islamic State Releases Video Threatening French Hostage Hervé Gourdel
- US Launches Airstrikes against Islamic State in Syria