Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Russian Opposition Politician Boris Nemtsov Killed
- ISIS Militants Destroy Antiquities in Iraq
- Tsipras: Greece Will Not Request a Third Bailout
- Russia's Security Concerns over Ukraine to Be Considered
- Exceptional Laboratory in Earth's Orbit – International Space Station
- Turkish Police Seal Off Street Outside US Consulate, Detain Suspect