Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Greek Finance Minister Admits He Taped Eurogroup Meeting in Riga
- Syria Says Islamic State Executes Hundreds in Palmyra
- Flag of "Greater Albania" Appears in Vienna
- Serbian President: Greater Albania Project a Threat to Entire Region
- US and UK Voice Deep Concern Over New Russian Law
- Turkish Ambassador: Launch of Turkish Stream Worth Waiting for