Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Severe Weather Strikes United States, Kills 18 People
- Syria Conflict: Peace Talks to Begin in Kazakhstan
- Avalanche Survivor in Italy Ate Snow to Survive
- No Immunity for Gambia's Ex-president, West African Leaders Say
- Washington Leads Anti-Trump Protests
- India Train Crash Leaves at Least 27 Killed and 50 Injured