Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Albanian Authorities Confiscate Half a Million Cannabis Plants
- Turkey: Erdogan Approves the Interim Government
- Financial Times: Pakistan Could Have Third Largest Nuclear Weapons Arsenal in World
- Greece's New Prime Minister Names Cabinet Members
- 'Route of Death': 200 Migrants Feared Dead off Libyan Coast
- Greece Appoints Caretaker Prime Minister