Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Istanbul: 2 Huge Explosions Reported Near Besiktas Stadium
- Islamic State Fighters 'Re-Enter Historic City of Palmyra' in Syria
- Turkey Submits Bill to Strengthen President Erdogan’s Powers
- Syrian Regime Guilty of Crimes Against Humanity Says Kerry
- Colombia's Santos Accepts Nobel Prize as Gifts From Heavens
- Paris Attacks: State of Emergency 'to Protect Elections'