Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Ukraine Crisis: Obama Orders Ban on Crimea Trade
- Sydney Muslim Funeral Directors Tell Authorities to Dump Man Haron Monis' Body “in the S***house”
- Jacques Hogard: British SAS Attacked Serbian Churches, Monasteries, Refugees
- 2014 Third Quarter: Euro Area Job Vacancy Stable at 1.6%
- EU Leaders Skip Second Day of Summit, Manage to Avoid Protests
- Putin Says New South Stream Gas Pipeline Might Go Through Macedonia