Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- UK’s Royal Baby Spends First Night at Home
- Nepal Quake: No Chance to Find More Survivors
- Nigeria Frees More Children and Women from Boko Haram
- Malaysian Opposition Activists Held After May Day Protest
- Emergency on Helicopter as Nepal Quake Victim Stops Breathing
- Istanbul Police Disperse May Day Protesters