Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- Elections in Greece: Even If Tsipras Wins, Problems To Remain
- Greek Election: Anti-Austerity Syriza Battles New Democracy
- Ukrainian Prime Minister Says 16 Dead in Mariupol Shelling
- Islamic State Reportedly Executes One Japanese Hostage as Deadline Passes
- Thousands March Against Muhammad Cartoons in Novi Pazar
- Pope Assassination Plot Prompts Vatican to Tighten Security