Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- France: Le Pen Aide Charged in Party Financing Probe
- European Parliament Adopts a Number of Amendments on Macedonia Resolution
- Kuwait Could Pay up to USD 60,000 for Party at Trump Hotel in Washington
- Francois Hollande Fires Back at Donald Trump over Paris Comments
- Albania Supports Serbian Proposal for a Balkan Customs Union
- White House Briefing Bar: Media Groups Condemn Exclusion