Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- US Warns North Korea of 'Real Consequences' for Weapons Program
- Bangladesh: Nine Militants Killed in Police Raid
- US First Lady Michelle Obama Denounces Trump 'Hate'
- Trump Says He Would Consider Alliance With Russia Against IS
- Czech Republic to Accept 80 Syrian Refugees from Turkey
- Blasts at Weapons Factory in Azerbaijan