Poroshenko to Raise Ukrainian Army Pay to USD 83 a Day
At an unknown campaign stopped before the presidential election, now President-elect, Petro Poroshenko, promised to strengthen the Ukrainian army as his top priority, Kyiv Post reports.
Porohsenko said he could attract volunteers by upping the salary from USD 50 a month to USD 83 a day and providing each volunteer with USD 83,000 in life insurance. He pledged to make the change on May 26.
- US President Urges Turkey, Russia to End Dispute over Downed Plane
- UN: Smuggling Crackdown Due to Weather Conditions
- Greece's Railway Transportation Enterprise Loses EUR 1.5 Million Due to Refugee Influx
- Lebanese Captives Released by Jihadists
- Germany Joins Anti-IS Campaign in Syria
- Four Arrested in Italy-Kosovo Anti-terror Sweep