Minister Ibraimovski Demands that Bitola Cleans Up Roma Neighborhoods
Minister Samka Ibraimovski held a press conference on Monday to call for improvements in water and electricity supply in several Roma neighborhoods around Bitola.
"I call on the Mayor of Bitola and on the director of the Bitola public utility company to get to work and clear the garbate at the Stocen Pazar, Ljubojno and Petocna Voda sites. The garbage there belongs in the dump and causes infectious diseases", Ibraimovski said. The Minister, who leads the PCER party which is active mainly among the Roma community, is seen as covering the Roma integration portfolio in the new Government.
Ibraimovski also called for the Macedonian Roads company to clean the garbage often strewn along the Bitola - Resen road, near a Roma neighborhood.
Bitola utilities have often disconnected Roma neighborhoods from electric supply because of unpaid bills and illegal connections.
- Blue is the Warmest Color Director to Auction Palme d'Or to Finance New Film
- Johnny Depp and Liam Gallagher among Glastonbury Lineup Additions
- Harper Lee Estate Endorses To Kill a Mockingbird Graphic Novel
- Macedonian Evening Held in Sofia Music Center
- Mayor Zernovski Fined Construction Companies that Violated Regulations in Centar
- MNT Play Closes Graz Drama Festival