Jana Said Yes!
The Eurovision Song Contest reaches its conclusion Saturday night, and while Jana Burceska won't be there, she's already won it.
Burceska, 23, Macedonia's entry in the annual Europe-wide music competition, was eliminated Thursday in voting for the final on Saturday night, along with acts from seven other countries, including record seven-time winner Ireland.
But as millions watched on TV, Burceska stole the show when her boyfriend proposed — and she said yes. She'd already revealed on that show that she's pregnant, and no one could talk about anything else.
It was the second of two semifinal rounds this week, and after it was over, acts from 26 countries remained for Saturday's final: the 20 semifinal survivors, the so-called Big Five automatic finalists (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom) and the host country, Ukraine.
- Johnny Depp and Liam Gallagher among Glastonbury Lineup Additions
- Macedonian Evening Held in Sofia Music Center
- Fresh Lineup, Unbeatable Price: Kickstart this Summer at INmusic Festival
- One Love Manchester - Fans Gather for Tribute Concert
- Sting to Hold Skopje Concert on October 15
- OFFest: Estonian traditional music and Korean beats