Macedonian Parliament set to Continue Constitutive Session
The Macedonian Parliament is set to continue its constitutive session on Friday and to discuss setting up the Committee on Elections and Appointment Issues. Discussions resumed on Thursday along similar lines, with the debate focused on the Tirana platform and with a filibuster on moving forward with the constitutive session.
The Commission on Election and Appointments should be made up of 13 members with VMRO-DPMNE being represented by six MPs, SDSM by five MPs and DUI and Besa by one legislator each.
Kicked off on December 30, 2016, the Parliament's constitutive session, was interrupted after no parliamentary majority had been secured to elect a Speaker of the Macedonian Assembly.
- Macedonia: Albanian Parties Announce Deputy-minister Nominees
- Information Society Minister to Meet with Civil Organizations and Media Associations
- Macedonia: Justice Minister Meets OSCE Ambassador Suomalainen
- Bogdanci Votes Against Mine Openings
- Dimitrov Said Macedonia Would Seek NATO Membership Under Interim Reference
- Minister Spasovski Invites Journalists to See VIP Mercedes