Academic Conference on The Bible and Literature Takes Place in Skopje
The Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts (MANU) is hosting Thursday and Friday an academic conference entitled "The Bible and Literature."
Ties between literature and the Bible at the conference will be treated from a myriad points of view historical, philosophical and many other aspects in relation to theory of literature, history of art, mythology, etc.
"This gathering is a proof that such major topics can be discussed purely from an academic point of view as regards literature of different nations, different writers, etc. In fact, our authors, who also also members of MANU, have played a role in affirming biblical tradition and ties with literature," MANU's president Taki Fiti said addressing today's conference in Skopje.
The event, organized in cooperation with the Skopje-based Institute for Religion and Culture, brings together professors, theologians and Oxford philosophers.
"We have organized the conference to demonstrate that literature can be interpreted also from the point of view of biblical motives and themes," stated academic Katica Kjulavkova, a member of MANU's linguistics and literary science department.
Representatives of the Faculty of English Language and Literature of the University of Oxford, the St. Clement of Ohrid Faculty of Theology, the Institute of Philosophy of the Skopje University, the Balkan Institute for Religion and Culture, etc, are in attendance.
- Harper Lee Estate Endorses To Kill a Mockingbird Graphic Novel
- Jergovic: World Will Be Saved by Macedonians Reading Kadare, Albanians Reading Urosevic
- Pro-za Balkans Аward for Croatian Writer Miljenko Jergovic
- The Festival “Pro-za Balkan”: The Award “Prozart” to Be Awarded to Miljenko Jergovik
- Founder of Famous French Publisher “Galad edition” to Be Guest at “Pro-za Balkan”
- Macedonian Literary Visit Resumes in Sofia