Macedonia: Massive Rally in Skopje, Support from Paragliders
A paraglider in the colors of Macedonia kicked off Monday’s protest organized by the civic initiative for united Macedonia in Skopje. Many people took to the streets of the capital, protesting as they say against the plans for the destruction of the unitary character of Macedonia. Macedonian flags can be seen on the streets between the Government’s building and the Parliament.
Many banners are carried aiming against billionaire George Soros and the network of his organizations. On the banners, protesters depict Soros as a red-eyed demon, whereby the words “Stop devouring Macedonia” have been written by some of the citizens.
In addition, protesters ask EU’s Commissioner Johannes Hahn to keep his hands off Macedonia.
People rallying cheer Macedonia, and sing patriotic songs. Downtown Skopje is packed. The same atmosphere can also been seen in other cities across Macedonia which are also packed with citizens.
- Gruevski says SPO aims to ruin VMRO-DPMNE for SDSM's benefit
- SDSM Leader Says Government May be Formed Monday or Tuesday
- Supreme Court Postpones Hearing on whether Wiretapped Conversations are Admissible in Court
- Zijadin Sela Holds Press Conference after Being Beaten in Parliament
- SPO Opens Three New Cases, Demands that its Mandate is Extended
- Soncev Grad Road Construction to be Completed within 3 Weeks