DUI Returns Document with No Signatures, SDSM Leader Does Not Want Constitutional Amendments
SDSM leader Zoran Zaev confirmed that he had received the document from DUI which were to provide signatures that he would have presented to the president of the state and would have gotten a mandate to form a government. But there is a great disappointment among SDSM members because in DUI's answer there is no signatures needed for a government, but new requirements by DUI for introducing Albanian as the second official language.
What is remarkable is that Zaev says that he is not ready for constitutional amendments, although during the campaign he claimed that it would happen in order to meet demands of the Albanians.
"For us everything that is under the Constitution and needs of Albanian citizens or any minority community is acceptable. The proposal should be constitutionally viable and reflect the practical needs of citizens. With such widely set framework we do not know when we will make a decision. As I said, the proposal came late last night and we are examining it", Zaev said.
- PPO Conducts Preliminary Investigations on Former MoI High Officials
- Ahmeti Negotiates with Zaev, Sella Prepares Body for New Law on Albanian Language
- Jakimovski: New Government or New Elections to Solve Political Crisis
- Saso Mijalkov Denies Allegations by SDSMs MP: Muhamed Zekiri to Apologize Immediatelly
- DUI, Alliance for Albanians and Besa to Form Body for Law on Albanian Language
- Ahmeti to Inform Besa and Alliance whether Zaev Is to Accept Platform of Rama