Macedonia in Yellow Alert Phase of Low Temperatures, Polog Region in Orange Phase
As announced by the National Hydrometeorological Service, low temperatures of yellow alert phase are expected for Wednesday except in Polog region (Tetovo, Gostivar, Kicevo, Macedonia Brod) where temperatures would be much lower falling in the orange phase, Ministry of Health said in a press release.
The recommendations for persons over 60 years suffering from chronic illness and pregnant women to be excused from work is in effect only for the Polog region (Tetovo, Gostivar, Kicevo, Macedonia Brod) i.e. region affected by temperatures of orange phase.
All companies that employ persons who work outdoors are called to organize their schedule to avoid working during the coldest hours of the day. Meanwhile, all citizens are advised to stay indoors when possible, to consume warm liquids and to avoid drinking alcohol.
- Gevgelija Says 'NO' to Harmful and Dangerous Gold Mines
- Gevgelija Votes - For or against Mines on Kozuf Mountain
- Spring Frost Causes Damage to Orchards, Says Deputy Agriculture Minister
- Macedonia Observes Earth Day
- Earthquake Registered in Southwest Macedonia
- Protests in Struga after Fire Breaks out in Unregulated Garbage Dump