SDSM and VMRO-DPMNE Spar over Health Sector Investments
Skopje clinics, plans for a new clinical center and how much of it is actually implemented or will be implemented, became the first point of conflict this year between the main political opponents, SDSM and VMRO-DPMNE. If the day is known by morning, then it means that this year will pass in violent inter-party remarks on our political scene.
First who made a statement was the SDSM spokesman, Petre Silegov who on Monday said that the SDSM will build a new, modern and functional university clinical center for the needs of all citizens in Macedonia.
"We will turn back the concept of a single university clinical center in which all clinics will be functionally connected. People will not be forwarded from clinic to clinic. Health services will have high quality", Silegov said.
According to Silegov, the government has not realized the promise from three years ago for a new clinical center in Skopje.
"Today is January 2, 2017. Reality is only the fence", Silegov said.
Not long after came a reaction from VMRO-DPMNE where they noted that "in the health sector is implemented the largest investment cycle".
"Approximately EUR 110 million amounted the investment for construction and reconstruction of public health institutions across the country that are already fully completed or in progress", it is said in the response.
VMRO-DPMNE reminds that they have built the new Pediatric Hospital in Kozle, new facility for PET center, renovated and reconstructed numerous hospitals and health centers throughout the country, and in Stip, ongoing is the construction work to build a new clinical hospital - investment worth about EUR 56 million. Ongoing are the reconstructions of hospitals in Veles, Prilep, Bitola, Strumica, the Special Hospital for Orthopedics and Traumatology "St. Erazmo" in Ohrid and others.
- PPO Conducts Preliminary Investigations on Former MoI High Officials
- Ahmeti Negotiates with Zaev, Sella Prepares Body for New Law on Albanian Language
- Jakimovski: New Government or New Elections to Solve Political Crisis
- Saso Mijalkov Denies Allegations by SDSMs MP: Muhamed Zekiri to Apologize Immediatelly
- DUI, Alliance for Albanians and Besa to Form Body for Law on Albanian Language
- Ahmeti to Inform Besa and Alliance whether Zaev Is to Accept Platform of Rama