Dr. Aleksandar Mickovski, Urologist: Increased Number of Men Infertility and Testicular Cancer
Regular checkups and open conversation with a urologist are essential to prevent diseases of the urogenital tract in men, advises Dr. Aleksandar Mickovski, urologist - surgeon at the Clinic Hospital "Acibadem Sistina". On the occasion of "Movember" Month of male health, Mickovski reminiscent of the most common problems for men of all ages- problems with fertility, prostate, with potency, and with congenital diseases of the urogenital system in childhood.
T: What are the most common problems that men seek in urological examination? In which diseases is registered growth?
-The most common diseases for which men require examination by urologist dependent of the adult population in question. If we talk about childhood, though it would be congenital diseases of the urogenital system, such as undescended testicles, phimosis - narrowing of the opening in the skin of the penis, tapers drainage urinary passage (urethra) that connects the kidney and ureter, vesicoureteral reflux (return of urine from the bladder back to the urethra), hypospadias -disposition of the opening of the urethra and many others”.
In teenagers and young adolescents dominate problems with fertility, which is in a large increase in recent years, inflammatory diseases of the urogenital tract (urethritis, epididymitis ...), torsion of the testes - one of the most urgent conditions in urologic surgery, and especially serious problems such as testicular cancer-a disease that is in big increase and to which is paid great attention due to the young population group which takes (typically 20-35 years), the need for a multidisciplinary approach in its treatment (surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy), and the need for self-exam due to early detection and diagnosis.
From the 40th year start the problems with the prostate, usually benign prostatic hyperplasia, and more frequent prostate cancer. Screening for early detections of these diseases starts from the 40th year. To not forget the situation with potency problems, kidney cancer and others.
T: It is known that men hardly decide to visit a urologist. Which symptoms are the alarm you need to make an appointment?
- Problems that exist in all group ages, in modern conditions of life, of course, are the injuries of the urogenital tract. As in other areas, and here the age of patients with symptoms of urinary tract decreases, only to mention that until a few years screening for prostate cancer was beginning in the 50th year. More frequent is the problem of erectile dysfunction in young adult population, so that the doctors and hospitals have to adapt to the new circumstances.
T: Which services are provided by doctors and hospitals in cases of male infertility? Has your practice increased the number of such cases?
-One of urological matters that is in particular upward trend in number of patients, and innovations in diagnosis, medication and surgical treatment is male infertility or reduced fertility. As a hospital we have a wide range of diagnostic procedures and treatment options for this problem. Let's start with urological medical procedures, which briefly would include - ultrasonographic color Doppler examination of the testicles and paratesticular structures (epididymis, varicose scrotal veins), analysis of complete hormonal status cytogenetic diagnostics (karyotype), transrectal ultrasound, microbiological screening vasography , sperm tests, endocrine specialist consultations andrological examination, exams for insemination with donor sperm and other medical services.
Surgical treatment includes series of specific interventions, which would set apart testicular biopsy and microsurgical testicular biopsy (trend everywhere in the world), microsurgical bridging techniques obstructed (clogged) spermatogenic channels (VEA, vaso-vaso stomia), laparoscopic varicocelectomy, reverse vasectomy and others.
T: Which new methods are available on the Department of Urology in the treatment of testicular cancer and prostate cancer?
- Currently, the latest method in use is laser prostatectomy using the most modern laser for this purpose "green light", which significantly reduces the number of hospital days required for prostate surgery, and the need for transfusion of blood and blood derivatives.
-On the occasion of the month of male health, as an urologist at the Clinical Hospital "Acibadem Sistina" I appeal to regular urological examinations and control of all men in all age groups and open talks with a urologist.
- Aleksandar Panov, Mayor of Kavadarci: 2016 Was a Successful Year, Development to Continue
- Nikola Poposki for La Verita: Soros Must Stop Destabilizing Macedonia
- Biljana Peeva-Gjuric: Business Sector Requires Subsidies for Modernization and Innovation
- Gruevski for "Republika": VMRO-DPMNE Will Outlive Soros and His External and Internal Servants
- Gruevski for Republika: Macedonia's Unitarity Cannot Hurt Anyone
- Gruevski for Republika: Chauvinism Labels Are False Propaganda of Soros